I'm quite new too this whole blogging malarky, and still having quite gotten to grips with how it works, but I was thrilled to recently find out that the lovely Kat has nominated my blog for an award :) Thanks Kat!
The "versatile blogging award" works as a kind of "pass it on" to your favourite blogs system, I have to now nominate ten of my favorites and list seven things about myself.
So, i'm not that interesting, but here we go...
1) I live in a beautiful area of the British countryside called Herefordshire; it can be a little boring here sometimes, but it truly is a stunning area, and I often have to remind myself how lucky I am to have been bought up surrounded by such a landscape.
2) I study English Literature at Oxford University at Lincoln College, I am in my first year. Before I got into Oxford, I had wanted to study there for a very very long time. Every day when I walk through one of Lincoln's stunning 15th century quads, I feel blessed and privileged to study in such an amazing place.
3) I have three older sisters - yes, i'm the baby of the family. They are called Ella, Sophie and Anna, and they are my favorite people on the entire people. We're all incredibly different, but at the same time, incredibly similar. I truly do not know what life would be like without sisters, they are marvelous creations!
4) My oldest sister Anna has just had a beautiful baby boy called Sam with her husband Mark, so I am proud to say I am an Auntie! Meeting my nephew for the first times was one of the most magical moments of my life, and I can't wait to watch him grow up and spoil him to pieces.
6) My best friend (and baking buddy) has four legs and a tail. Well, a stump. He's called Gus, and he's a cocker spaniel. The most handsome cocker spaniel in the entire world. What I miss most when at University, besides from baking, is curling up on the beanbag infront of the stove with Gus cuddled up on my lap. He's so loyal and the most chilled out, sweet-natured dog. It doesn't matter to me that he's shaped a bit like a donkey, he barely has a tail, his legs are short and he gets very very fluffy. He's perfect.
Now time to nominate my favorite blogs! I would like to nominate:
Sweetharts Cakes and Bakes
Bake or Break
The Brown Eyed Baker
The Baking Fairy
The Very Hungry Baker
Vanilla Sugar Blog
The more than occasional baker
The Baker Chick
Rhubarb & Rose
These blogs are really lovely and have inspired me endlessly. Making a baking blog is probably going to have turned out to be the best thing that's ever happened for my friends; I want to bake now more than I ever did before.